Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all users of this site, www.houseandgarden.co.nz (Site) and the services offered on it. The term 'we' refers to Fairfax New Zealand Limited (and 'our' has a corresponding meaning). 'You' are the user of the Site or the services on it (and 'your' has a corresponding meaning).
Using the Site signifies your agreement with these Terms, without qualification. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms, please exit from the Site immediately.
If we vary the Terms we will post a variation on the Site. By continuing to use the Site after that you signify that you agree to the varied Terms.
Behaviour on the Site
- You must not use the Site or its services to threaten, abuse, defame, harass or stalk others. Your contributions must be civil, tasteful, constructive and polite.
- You must not post objectionable content - harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable, or use vulgar or offensive user names.
- You must not disrupt online activity in any way.
- You must not distribute spam, including sending bulk email, or distributions to multiple discussion groups, mailing lists or communities; chain letters, pyramid schemes or hoaxes.
- You must not introduce anything harmful or destructive (such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, time bombs or bots), or interfere in any way with, our or anyone else's computer system or communications services.
- You must not create or use a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or origin of any message.
- You must not use false message headers or omit message headers.
- You must not do anything which is unlawful on or through the Site.
You may need to register on the Site to access some material. You will be allocated a user ID and password for that purpose. That username and password are personal to you and you must keep them confidential. If someone else uses your user name and password on the Site that is your responsibility and you will be solely responsible for any cost or charge that is incurred.
If there is a cost to access any material or service on the Site you will not be charged that cost unless you have agreed to pay it. Any cost will be GST-inclusive unless stated otherwise.
We may prohibit or restrict your access to the Site for any reason, without having to give you notice.
By having material on the Site, or by linking to other sites, we do not endorse products or services or make a recommendation about them. You must rely solely on your own judgement as to suitability of any product or service for your needs.
Intellectual Property and links
Unauthorised use of any material on the Site is strictly prohibited. No content may be reproduced, archived, published or transmitted in any manner other than for strictly personal non-commercial activity, without our prior written consent.
By posting material in publicly accessible places on our Website, you licence us to reproduce, publish, modify and distribute any part of that material, or incorporate it in other works in any form. If you do not own the material you must get the owner's consent before you post or upload it.
Links to the Site require our prior written consent. You must not link in a way that frames the Site or that tends to imply that another site is associated with the Site.
We do not give any guarantee that the Site will always be available for access, will be free from error, free from viruses or like technical problems.
Liability Information and warranties
Neither we, our contributors of material nor our service providers give any warranty at all, including (without limitation) as to the accuracy or completeness of the information or services made available through the Site. We expressly disclaim (to the maximum extent permitted in law) all liability for any damage or loss resulting from your use of, or reliance on the Site or the information provided via the Site.
Prize draws and promotions are available to registered users of www.nzhouseandgarden.co.nz
. Prize draws are not available to you if you are accessing the Site from outside New Zealand. You may be required to provide proof of age before delivery of your prize. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, exchanged or transferred.
Employees of Fairfax Magazines, their immediate families and agencies are not eligible for prizes.
Travel prizes do not include insurance, taxes, transfers, food or alcohol unless otherwise specified, are subject to availability, and must be taken within 12 months of the date of draw or other determination. Entries are our property.
All competitions for the May issue close 16 May 2012. Winners will be notified within seven days of draw.
** Terms and Conditions applying to promotions for alcoholic beverages
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Photo ID will be requested from the winners at the time of redeeming the prize.
- Drink responsibly.
These Terms and your use of the Site are governed by the laws of New Zealand and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
If you are just visiting the Site and reading material from it, we may collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using
- the date and time you are visiting
- the URLs of the pages you visit
- if you provide it, your email address.
We may keep track of pages you visit within the Site in order to find out which features and services are the most popular. We use that information to measure the number of visitors to different parts of our Site and, for example, to measure the effectiveness of advertising. Although we may publish aggregated information about usage patterns, we do not disclose information about individuals except for the reasons set out below.
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about security issues.
We do not sell information which identifies you personally.
Your use of the Services may involve our collecting personal information about you, such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, preferences, and interests. Information collected by us may be combined with information obtained by our related companies ("related companies" has the meaning set out in section 2(3) of the Companies Act 1993).
This information is used by us for the operation of the Services, to maintain quality of the Services, to provide general statistics regarding use of the Services and to assist us to deliver customised content and advertising to our customers.
Where possible, information will be obtained directly from you, but otherwise it may be provided from others (with your consent), or generated within or by the systems used to provide our Services.
You may decide not to provide information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
You may ask to see any information we hold about you and we will provide it as long as we have such information and can readily retrieve it. You may also ask us to correct any incorrect information we hold about you.
We may provide your personal information to others to:
- provide our Services for you and others
- send you bills (if applicable) and recover any money you owe
- keep you informed of, and conduct, sales and marketing activities in relation to Services available to, or planned for, you from us and other people
- exercise any lawful right we or any of our related companies, our contractors, credit reference and debt collection agencies, communications network operators and selected business partners have.
Although we may publish aggregated information relating to your use of the Services, such as usage patterns, we do not disclose information in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify you, without your prior permission.
3. Disclosure of information
We may disclose information about you or your use of the Site and/or Services without your prior permission if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law
- protect our rights or property or those of our related companies
- enforce our Site Terms
- act to protect our interests or those of our related companies, customers or others.
We do not sell, rent or lease our visitor or customer information to third parties.
4. Third Party Ad Servers
Some of our advertisers use third party companies to serve advertisements when you visit the Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites, including information gathered by cookies, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We do not control the practices of these companies and they may not follow the same privacy policies as we do.
5. Third party websites
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites if you follow links from the Site to them, so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites linked from the Site.
6. Changes to our Policy
We may, at our discretion, update or revise this Policy from time to time. Any changes will take effect immediately once they are posted on our Site. Your continued use of our Services after any changes have been posted on our Site signifies your acceptance of those changes.